The Waseda Fund: Membership Benefits
Individual donors who give a total of 30,000 yen or more to The Waseda Fund during a fiscal year (April 1 to March 31 of the following year) and those with honorary titles will receive membership cards and various services.
Eligibility: Individuals who donate at least ¥30,000 annually (from April 1 to Mar. 31 of the following year)
Period of eligibility for benefits: From the day that a donation totaling ¥30,000 or more to Waseda University is received from a financial institution until the end of the fiscal year (Mar. 31).
◆Note on Membership Cards (Payments Made Through Credit Cards/Online Banking)
Individual donors who give a total of 30,000 yen or more during a fiscal year (April 1 to March 31 of the following year) will receive membership cards. Because we will mail the cards after we receive the payment through credit card companies or other third parties, they may not arrive until a month or two after you make your gift.
1. Waseda Merchandise (Once a Year)
Donors will receive exclusive Waseda merchandise in the mail.
2. A drink ticket for Orange Cat - a café run in the Haruki Murakami Library
Donors receive a drink ticket that can be used at Orange Cat, a cafe run by Waseda students in the same facility as the Haruki Murakami Library which opened in October 2021.
3. Eligibility to Win Tickets to Waseda Sports Games and Symphony Orchestra Concerts (by lottery)
Donors are eligible to win tickets to baseball (between Waseda and Keio University) and rugby games (between Waseda and Meiji University), soccer (between Waseda and Keio University) as well as Waseda Symphony Orchestra concerts.
Please note: Members will receive instructions through our eNewsletter on how to enter prize draws before each game and concert.
4. Invitations to Homecoming Day and the Tomonsai Festival
Donors will receive invitations to these events, which are held in late October every year.
5. Access to Waseda's Central Library (Upon Presentation of Membership Card)
Donors are given access to the Central Library, a source of pride for Waseda.
・Those with honorary titles/Annual members: Please show your Membership card at the information Desk. We will issue Visitors pass. This pass is valid for the day of issue only.
・Holders of Waseda Supporters Club card issued before 2015 may enter the entrance gate with the card.
6. Access to the Alumni Salon on the 16th floor of the Okuma Memorial Tower (Upon Presentation of Membership Card)
Donors are welcome to use the Alumni Salon overlooking the Waseda campus.
・Each member is allowed to bring one person with them.
・Hours of the Salon: Noon to 6pm (when the Okuma Memorial Tower is open)
7. Discounts at Uni. Shop 125 (Upon Presentation of Membership Card)
Donors can receive a 5% discount on merchandise.
・Some items may not be eligible for discounts.
・Discounts do not apply to food and drinks at Uni. Cafe 125.
8. Discounts at Rihga Royal Hotel Tokyo (Upon Presentation of Membership Card)
Donors can receive discounts for their stay, as well as their use of restaurants and bars.
・Discounts may not be available on certain days.
・Please let them know when you make a reservation or visit the restaurants and bars.
9. Discounts on Admission Fees to the Waseda University Extension Center Open College (Upon Presentation of Membership Card)
Donors can receive discounts(25%) on the admission fees required when attending Open College.
Please note: Discounts may not be available on certain days.
10. Discounts at the Museum Shop of the Waseda University History for Tomorrow Museum
Donors will receive a 5% discount at the time of purchase.
Please note: Some products may not be eligible for discounts.
Donate to The Waseda Fund